Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Antonio Banderas Movie "The Skin I Live In" 2011 review and cast

Antonio Banderas Movie 2011

The Skin I Live In 2011 Cast, Review, Trailers and Released dates

Well, lets see the cast

Starred By :
Antonio Banderas --> Robert Ledgard
Elena Anaya --> Vera
Jan Cornet --> Vicente

Other actress and actors :
Blanca Suárez --> Norma
Marisa Paredes --> Marilia
Bárbara Lennie --> Cristina
Fernando Cayo --> Médico
Eduard Fernández --> Fulgencio
Roberto Álamo --> Zeca
Buika --> Cantante or Concha Buika
José Luis Gómez --> Presidente del Instituto de Biotecnología
Susi Sánchez --> Madre de Vicente
Ana Mena --> Norma

Hollywood Movies Review

Almodovar is, for me, a director of talent that makes entering and spleen. "Talk to Her", I believe, is his best film so far, there are a few contenders for the worst. But "The Skin I Live In" is certainly not one of them.




This is an art-house horror-thriller, based on the novel by Thierry Jonquet "Tarantula" (unread by me) adapted. The obvious source of inspiration was the French film "Eyes Without a Face," another horror film with a mad doctor and synthetic skin. But "The Skin I Live In" is much more than that. I'll no details of the plot anyway to think, but maybe about the exact title.

When I say it is a horror-film art-house - it is certainly Almodovar own brand of "art". He fills his screen with a deep, rich, bright colors - red, blue, yellow, brown, orange - and the disturbing, shade of cream roses, which belongs to the synthetic skin of the title. It is a feast for the eyes.

The plot is ridiculous and a bit rubbish, but it hangs together tightly, and Almodovar, in addition to the conventions and cliches of the horror and set something entirely original. Antonio Banderas in mind that the surgeon impressed avenger, and the film becomes more and more twisted than the real reasons for the Banderas experience and full extension is clear, is very entertaining. The people left the theater as the credits began to roll, laugh - not in mockery, but in shock.

I wonder if this will have an American remake. I see it happening, but I hope it does not work. Almodovar has missed his own unique brand on the subject, including the language, in successive rounds of humor plays, disrupts brutality, mental torture and bizarre moments of bitterness. I think the best compliment that can be given to the film, in this sense, is that it works.

This is not a masterpiece. It is very well acted, very well done with an interesting aesthetic and pleasant, with sharp spikes of anxiety and a really surprising twist. It's fun guilty Almodovar. I'm looking forward to his next film

The Skin I Live In 2011 as new Antonio Banderas Movie Trailers and Released Dates :

Trailers


Released Dates : August 17 2011 in French

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers